This Sunday we will start our annual toiletry drive for the women at Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women. Every year we collect toiletry kits to be distrubuted to women in need at FCCW. Guidelines for purchasing products are below and must be followed as instructed. Completed kits can be brought to the church anytime between now and November 19th.
CHRISTMAS PROJECT-Fluvanna Correctional Center for Women (FCCW) – Oct. 15-Nov. 19
Where to Buy. Most items can be bought at dollar stores. Giant, Food Lion, and Wegmans, have VO shampoos for around $1.25.
Hygiene Items. Put in a one-gallon Ziploc bag (extra bags on bulletin board):
- One individually wrapped toothbrush (in original container-no battery operated)
- One 6 oz. (or smaller) tube of toothpaste (in original container)
- One 2.6 oz. (or smaller) deodorant stick (no spray or roll-on)
- One15 oz. (or smaller) bottle of shampoo
- One 15-18 oz. (or smaller) bottle of lotion
Where to Place Completed Kits, Cards, Stationery Items. A collection container will be in the narthex. Please keep hygiene kits in separate bag from cards and stationery items.
Cards and Stationery Items. (Please do not put inside bags with hygiene items.)
- Greeting cards for all occasions (avoid aluminum foil)
- Writing paper of any size
- Envelopes (3 5/8 x 6 ½ or 4 1/8 x 9 1/2)
- “Forever” postage stamps (not affixed to envelopes)
- Wooden pencils (unsharpened)
Money Contributions. For shortages in gift items and other needs of residents. Make checks to “GraceInside” write “FCCW Resource Fund” on memo line, mail to GraceInside, 2828 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294.
PLEASE! Follow instructions carefully. FCCW will only allow items described, and they must not exceed size parameters.